United f*cks up again, this time accidentally sending 2 dogs to the wrong countries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/14/united-fcks-up-again-this-ti.html

4 Likes

The airline’s excuse for the mishap? The kennels looked similar.

If only there were some kind of tagging system using unique numbers, maybe barcodes that could be scanned. I don’t know. I’m just just spit balling. I’m no expert.

48 Likes

My dog just told me to stop reading these pieces, it’s depressing us.

25 Likes

United hasn’t quite missed their chance to f*ck up just yet. They still have to return both dogs to their actual owners… actually, that’s two chances. Odds are… umm… good?

7 Likes

ALIVE. They have to return both dogs to their owners ALIVE. Because apparently we have to specify that now.

41 Likes

No, they are not. They are investigating how they can defuse yet another bad story. They have no interest in finding out how this happened, or making sure it won’t happen again.

9 Likes

WTF is wrong with this airline? Thanks to merger mania in the 80’s and 90’s our options for airlines is shoehorned into choosing between shitty and shittier.

6 Likes

This whole mix-up could have been avoided if the attendant just let the family put their German Shepherd under the seat.

9 Likes

There’s a Disney movie here!

5 Likes

Boo on CBS for not even mentioning that the Great Dane has humans too, and those people (presumably in Japan) are going to be upset to find themselves with a strange German Shepherd instead of their own pet.

13 Likes

The kennels looked similar?! Anyone who’s ever taken a bloody flight in the US knows that about 92% of suitcases look nearly exactly the same (oh, ma’am, your bag’s been lost? Can you say what it looks like? uh, yeah. midsized black wheelie.)

12 Likes

Mine too. But she just gave me side-eye, sighed, and left the room.:confused:

2 Likes

Or intact, at least.

This happens way too much. It just happened to Schoolboy Q’s dog a few months ago.

6 Likes

Poor dog. I bet he doesn’t even know any Japanese :frowning:

12 Likes

Mine is the black carry-on with the hot pink roller-blade wheels that I replaced when the original black wheels disintegrated and the neon green zipper that replaced the original black zipper when it failed.

1 Like

An especially bad time for that German shepherd to end up in the Japanese Archipelago:

9 Likes

Or in an overhead locker.

1 Like

You’re asking for an awful lot here.

3 Likes

Why do the self-censoring that way around? Given the evidence, “United” is clearly more offensive than “fucks”.

6 Likes