Universal, having learned nothing from its "dancing baby" ass-kicking, is once again attacking Prince fans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/30/casual-censorship.html

7 Likes

Lawyers making money, that’s all this is about.

11 Likes

And abuse of the DMCA to intimidate, too.

3 Likes

Slow AI.  

1 Like

There seem to be a few of those. I suspect there’s lawyers whose job it is to look for copyright violations and sue. Janitors sometimes clean things that aren’t really dirty. Lawyers sometimes try to bring cases that aren’t really violations.

1 Like

FTFY :sunglasses:

Price. AKA, the former artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince. Because record companies.

okay make that 500,001 views…

1 Like

Dude! We absolutely know that corporations are people too (ask Mittens), which means, by fucking definition, that they are, by law, sociopaths. What were you expecting? Ethics, morality…sanity??

1 Like

It’s not about right or wrong… It’s about billable hours. --lawyers

They have a Department of Hey, Can’t We Sue Someone For Something.

1 Like

Universal, dickbuckets since… ever?

I really, really hope that there are no lawyers involved in the process of Universal submitting DCMA takedown notices to Youtube.

I can’t imagine any organisation would waste actual legally trained people on that kind of job.

It’s the sort of job that screams trained monkey or crappy bot.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.