University band pranks director by playing Mii Channel theme song instead of Bach

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/13/university-band-pranks-directo.html

5 Likes

Never ceases to amaze me how well these unassuming background tunes translate so well into band arrangements. Talk about coordination!

3 Likes

Liberty University, eh? Amazing what sublimated sexuality can do for your musical abilities.

Also, is the Mii Channel theme the new go-to meme song, replacing All Star? Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Huh. I didn’t know women were allowed to wear pants–let alone blow anything–at Liberty University.

9 Likes

My Band Geek stands tall with them!

3 Likes

Okay, that was a good prank. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much practice time would something like that require? I’m wondering how they managed to accomplish that without him catching on.

“When you see a note, don’t just guess at the note.” - that’s good advice in middle school.

I have no idea what a Mii Channel is, but I can tell this is a really good arrangement. Let’s hope Drew Harris makes a carreer of it - not many can!

I had to google Mii Channel. :confused:
It’s where you pick out your avatar for Wii games

1 Like

I once helped organize a prank wherein the band members replaced their instruments with Kazoos for a single song. It was not captured on video, as far as I know.

1 Like

Yes, the arrangement is very nice and spot on.

1 Like

Excellent arrangement. Even after all these years, the Wii was one of my favorite consoles. Simply a pleasure to use, and it just got better with homebrew.

I’m too old to be this in love with this music

I like his response. He’s realized they like him.

I think it is! I really like this one:

1 Like

My college chamber choir once did this with a song we knew our director absolutely hated. He ran out of the room but we still finished. It was so fun, and such a tension breaker during a stressful rehearsal schedule.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.