Upset at being honked at Cop declares horn use "road rage"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/24/upset-at-being-honked-at-cop.html

2 Likes

Tooting your own horn is bad form everywhere. Doubly so when you claim to break the law in the name of the law.

Round Two!

15 Likes

It’s perfectly legal provided you have your FOP sticker prominently displayed.

3 Likes
23 Likes

Colorado law says “The driver of a motor vehicle, when reasonably necessary to ensure safe operation, shall give audible warning with the horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway.”

5 Likes

Well played.

4 Likes

I would, but I feel like I already did.

9 Likes

The picture of mental health, if I ever saw one.

1 Like

“Excuse me: Am I under arrest? Are you going to write me a ticket? Then do it. I’m a busy person and I don’t have time for you to get upset because your actions are creating a hindrance on the road. I have a recording of this incident which I will happily present to the judge. Write the ticket or let me go.”

7 Likes

This is a Public Safety issue. The cop had to stop his truck and block road because that’s where the Pokémon was.

6 Likes

Asshole Cop: Challenge Accepted
(don’t taunt cops, the entire deck is stacked against you every step of the way)

5 Likes

You are one wise-crack away from murder.

4 Likes

That is an unfair and unnuanced view of cops!

There’s a whole Pantone defined range of murder. Stop being so simplistic you cop hater!

6 Likes

Pantone Range of Acceptable Murders?

4 Likes

19 Likes

Yeesh, you would think he would learn how to drive between now and then.

3 Likes

This guy is really calm and collected for the cop’s asshole bullshit.

“You need to understand that what you did was wrong!” = the problem with cop entitlement, all in one phrase.

(edit to add: You’re not the goddamn upholder of moral virture, badge-jockey, you’re just a douche who was engaging in unsafe driving behavior)

8 Likes

Shouldn’t you deposit this into the Danger! Danger! thread?

2 Likes

Done.

Also: via @SlyBevel

12 Likes