US Army apologizes for invading a cooking oil factory in Bulgaria

Originally published at: US Army apologizes for invading a cooking oil factory in Bulgaria | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This is an Onion story, right? Please?

8 Likes

Nah, just an excessively “well-oiled” war machine doin’ its thing.

8 Likes

So this was a training mission where they raided a building next to the base they were supposed to be “raiding”?

The police do that all the time. Only, I expect someone to catch a lot of hell in the military, and they just shrug it off with the police.

1 Like

Yeah, and so was this:

8 Likes

Storming is a lot less dramatic than I expected, were they playing hide and seek?

1 Like

America will always go to war for oil. Nobody is safe, apparently.

15 Likes

Yeah, that was surprisingly lacklustre for supposed special forces

1 Like

Someone is going to get their ass deep-fried. Would they like fries with that?

Slippery buggers, aren’t they (the US Army PR dept).

And headline is not correct - it was a factory making machinery for producing oil, not an actual oil-producing factory. You say so in the text, @frauenfelder but the headline has lost the ‘machine’ word.

(And comments link in post goes straight back to post, Had to get here via BBS @orenwolf)

4 Likes

You are quite right, but then our silly, oily jokes wouldn’t flow so thickly and fragrantly, would they now?

2 Likes

You’re right. Slippery things, facts. :wink:

2 Likes

Omg, it finally happened.

8 Likes

US Army apologizes for invading

Iraq? Afghanistan? Grenada? Panama? Vietnam?

a cooking oil factory

Oh

Almost looks like a personal mission: The dud who effed me up works here!

Like fries, it won’t be heart healthy. I am sure that olive oil will be a blend, sold as 100% pure extra virgin.

1 Like

The Army was certain it was a butter factory.

1 Like

I think they only make the machinery used to produce olive oil, although – yes – Bulgarian-made olive oil sounds pretty dicey, and care should be taken even when buying VO from even Greece, Spain, or Italy. (My acid test for the primo stuff: Oil is green, and peppery on the tongue.)

No war for oil… or oil pressing machines.

2 Likes

173rd airborne isn’t a special forces unit.

it is, however, the same unit in this video https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/apr/22/us-army-humvees-germany-airdrop-fail-video

1 Like