Used robots on TaoBao are cyberpunk AF

How are they NOT cyberpunk? AF?

Used robots walk all in the TaoBao like DAGF.

5 Likes

Wall-e’s long-forgotten uncles.

4 Likes

Just glue some punks on it.

3 Likes

Are they sarcastic or depressed robots? They are probably Douglasadamsonian robots. Are they low-slung, rectilinear with Japanese and mid-Western motifs and strangely* leaky roofs? Perhaps they are Usonian robots. Or apt to get into theological discussions? Then they might be more Phildickian than CPAF. If they are dejectedly working in a poor-house to pay off their contracts they may be neo-Dickensian robots. Do they play dead pretty much everywhere? Then you’ve got Possum-universal robots.

* strange because robots don’t usually have a roof.

3 Likes

Those robots are like these guys from Shadowrun…AF.

7 Likes

“I don’t always hack public data-terminals in a shady part of City-1, but when I do it’s in my Maidenform Bra.”

10 Likes

Guy on the right while applying makeup: Hmm, should I bring 1 uzi or 2 to the h4x0r party tonight?

4 Likes

Nah, these robots keep telling me that my one purpose in life is to be happy and the only way to achieve that happiness is via Capitalism and then they just mutter something about some Galt mofo.

2 Likes

The problem with Randroids is they dream of Electric Beets.

4 Likes

A quick survey of RPG rulebook covers do suggest cleavage might, indeed, be genre-defining.

6 Likes

Nice! Saving those👍

5 Likes

Glad to help. There’s a lot of this stuff around, in varying levels of sexism. More than I remembered.

I just googled “cyberpunk pinterest” out of curiosity and the image search results mainly appear to be character-design/fashion-design-related concept art. Not the same as the cyberpunk tag inside pinterest itself, for some reason.

3 Likes

What was that Cyberpunk story…?

A guy in a prison colony on the Moon, with a cybernetic arm, and an AI for a friend. His girl-friend is a professional host-mother. Wearing Diamond Dogs style glitter is common. They stage a revolution by micro-managing public opinion, including troll comments.

Published 1966 or so?

2 Likes

All of which made as much sense as the related chainmail bikini trope

1 Like

I recently proposed cleavage mounted blinding lasers for my theoretical superheroine costume. Makes sense then.

8 Likes

NSFW-ish http://lazertits.com

1 Like

Heinlein’s The Moon is a Harsh Mistress sounds faraway so close.

2 Likes

Apparently cyberpunk = boob-revealing tops?

2 Likes

“My eyes are up here!!!” ZAP!!!

6 Likes