Using pikes to confront and immobilize knife-wielding troublemakers

Yeah, def not pikes, that would have been quicker but lots bloodier, like in human kabob kinda thing. The concept is pretty damn cool, but in a country where firearms are the rule of the day, would tend to make for more victims. An interesting idea for knife wielders, or even better, for the unarmed but out of control sort of situation that tends to lead to lead-based psychiatry way too often in this country.

7 Likes
11 Likes

They aren’t really a police force, just a weird hang over from the past in Cambridge:
https://www.proctors.cam.ac.uk/directory/constabulary

2 Likes

Subdued by an angry mob Mobbed by subdued angrys.

3 Likes

What exactly do you mean by “effective”? Tasers are very effective in the right circumstances. A taser requires only one user, and they work in seconds. They are more likely to accidentally kill someone who’s jacked up or who has heart trouble. These things can’t be defeated by a mesh layer in the clothing and they probably are safer for the person they’re used against, but they require a lot more time and effort to get the guy really subdued, and they obviously require coordinated effort from several people. Depending on what they’re made of, a bad guy may be able to cut or break them and get away.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Which is odd, because the Swiss are normally neutral…

Spell check fails me.

1 Like

“I feared for my ability to indiscriminately use lethal force, your honor.”

2 Likes

I think you need to fix your TV’s deinterlacer.

2 Likes

No match for a Jedi’s lightsabre.

1 Like

I’ve wondered how useful this would be for restraining people. It seems to be successful in restraining animals without strangling them. Are people easier to strangle?

1 Like

Quick image search results. I was hoping for a video of the staff fight; but no such luck. At least not quickly.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my glaive-glaive-guisarme-glaive!

2 Likes

I’m concerned about the concealed and carry.

2 Likes

Like fish in a barrel.

6 Likes

Tom Cruise will be around shortly to explain which setting their TV needs.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I think the mechanics of wielding such a bulky fish would outweigh the advantages. Remember, rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon.

4 Likes

Ah - glad I saw this to share this:

1. That used to be a common military tactics - pike and shot.
  1. I am fairly certain someone, some where made a pole arm/fire arm combo. Hold on, let me look… ah here are some examples. Yeah at one point they were slapping guns on anything.

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/rare-combination-pole-arm-with-flintlock-pistol-and-bayonet-186158

5 Likes

Nope.
Just funner.

1 Like