Sword-wielding robber finds that store clerk also has sword

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/24/sword-wielding-robber-finds-th.html

6 Likes

19 Likes

Aw, he didn’t even get a chance to inform the other guy he isn’t actually left handed.

Also, that first guy had a machete. That Scimitar is much longer. Though I have to wonder how sharp it was. I don’t think I have seen a modern scimitar that is sharp and not a wall hanger, though I am sure there are some out there.

24 Likes

You don’t bring a machete to a scimitar fight.

36 Likes

Trying to rob me with a machete? That’s cute…

35 Likes

In arabic/muslim countries carrying a scimitar is still common and they are intended for personal defense so they are not wall hangers. They are for srsbsns. If this guy was keeping that thing behind the counter then it was most likely sharpened.

Machetes on the other hand are commonly sold being not terribly sharp.

16 Likes

Some years ago some idiot tried to rob a post office in the UK. The postmaster was a Sikh. The sword he kept under the counter was far from ceremonial.

27 Likes

Well, sure. But much rarer in America.

But don’t discount machetes. There are a lot of limbless and dead people in various jungles that can attest to that.

Here is a machete personified.
http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/machete_movie_poster_danny_trejo_01.jpg[quote=“Enkita, post:7, topic:84025”]
Some years ago some idiot tried to rob a post office in the UK. The postmaster was a Sikh. The sword he kept under the counter was far from ceremonial.
[/quote]

Sikh carry a Kirpan, and they are far from ceremonial. I need a religion that requires me to be armed…

16 Likes
10 Likes

The NRA is always looking for new blood, brother.

19 Likes

“I’m sorry, we only accept Visa and Mastercard, no Amex or machetes.”

6 Likes

Being a Jedi allows me to bear a lightsabre. The only drawback is that I have to build it myself.

23 Likes

19 Likes

I thought you had that covered already

4 Likes

No that is my own free will, not a god or religious leader commanding me…

5 Likes

It really wouldn’t take much for the NRA to spin off a faith based group that claims that firearms are integral to their beliefs to get around gun restrictions and whatnot…

7 Likes

25 Likes

We call it, the Kwik-E-Martening! There can be only…hey come back, I didn’t get to show you my drei wunder!

5 Likes

I didn’t know that. Got a link?

Any countries in particular? I’ve been to one Arabic country and one other majority-Muslim country and I didn’t see anyone packing steel, but I was only in the touristy bits.

2 Likes

“What the hell?! I’m supposed to be the only weirdo running around with a sword!”

10 Likes