Vaccination rates soar after Quebec requires the shot to buy alcohol or weed

Originally published at: Vaccination rates soar after Quebec requires the shot to buy alcohol or weed | Boing Boing

14 Likes

They did that in the USA, only with prohibiting access to the Web/Phone/Computer, we’d be 100% vaccinated in a week.

27 Likes

I love the very idea that weed sales in Quebec are regulated by “Health Minister Christian Dubé”. Before legal weed, was the Health Minister named “Coque-Taille”? :cocktail:

27 Likes

To use Facebook/twitter, please enter your vaccination card ID.

Boom 100% compliance.

17 Likes

M. Hennessy VSOP.

7 Likes

About a decade ago, I worked in Ottawa, which is just across the river from the Quebec city of Gatineau. On Canada Day, all the liquor stores in Ottawa were closed. So we walked across the bridge to Gatineau and in to the largest liquor store I have ever seen, which was open and packed. Super!

Which is just to say that Quebecker’s take their vices seriously.

20 Likes

it would be sensible to prohibit access to voting places without vaccine - no jab, vote by mail.

Classic double bind.

9 Likes

Yup, these are my peeps. As I said elsewhere…we do like to party.

11 Likes

Genius. The US should try it. Requiring proof of vaccination for entering liquor stores, dispensaries, and gas stations would do it.

5 Likes

Why not arrange to sell condoms and sex toys exclusively in government outlets?

2 Likes

I’d like to correct something here, vaccination rates in Quebec are NOT low. Quebec has an 85% rate for two doses, and 89% rate for first dose. That’s pretty decent.

11 Likes

First time I went to New Orleans, I was amazed to learn you could buy liquor in convenience stores & walk around on Bourbon Street with an Adult Beverage & nobody bats an eye.
If that’s not a sign of Civilization, I don’t know what is.

3 Likes

Can we bring that to every state in the union? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

That and your weed store logo looks like a butthole!
images

1 Like

Dubé is a brother.

And to reach the most hesitant demographic shops that sell guns & ammunition.

5 Likes

Brilliant! That’ll be the lot then!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.