Very enthusiastic geode hunter shows off his finds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/23/very-enthusiastic-geode-hunter-shows-off-his-finds.html

2 Likes

I have a several Geodes. One of the things me and the kiddo like to do when we go to the ren fair, is buy a “dragon egg” to crack. And we have done that at the gem and mineral show as well. She keeps a half and I keep a half. Sort of the geek version of the two heart half locket.

You can see a couple of them here on my thread towards the bottom. They are florescent!

9 Likes

Prettttty sure this is a Kyle Mooney character.

Wait - a river in Missouri??? Where?

1 Like

His dog looks like a cross between Sir Didymus from Labyrinth and Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

If you’re in Oregon, there’s a place I think a bit northeast of Bend called “Richardson’s Ranch” where, for you can dig thunder eggs, and the occasional geode. It’s not too expensive, and it’s a day of mucking about digging thunder eggs out of the walls of ravines.

If you’re in So. Cal, there’s a place (whose name I can’t remember) out near Blythe where you can do the same, but it’s on public land.

If trilobites are your thing, there’s a place east-northeast of 29 palms where there’s a Cambrian outcrop. It’s called “Marble Mountain”.

3 Likes

They are definitely my thing!!

Nope, don’t get it.

But, I watched it all.
I wonder if that says more about me or…

it’s a secret! But Fox River is allegedly where a lot of geodes can be found.

2 Likes

Three weeks later they come upon one of Matrix’s massive doggy droppings. Rock-hound Rob picks it up. “Look at this amazing geode!”

2 Likes

I found a geode at Nature’s Treasures in Austin TX shaped like a heart. Sawed it open and gave half to my best friend.
If you are ever in Austin and love pretty rocks visit Nature’s Treasures. Natural Healing Crystal Shop Online | Nature's Treasures Texas

3 Likes

Apologies in advance:

3 Likes

I have a geode. But sadly, I no longer have a black light.

I do have family in Austin. But Jesus… Texas is a drive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.