Video: Anti-vaxxers storm what they think is the BBC but show up at the wrong place

Originally published at: Video: Anti-vaxxers storm what they think is the BBC but show up at the wrong place | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Eventually they reached the actual BBC headquarters in central London.

An anti-vaxxer claimed that they deliberately went to the wrong place to get more attention.

12 Likes

Fun fact, the capitol insurrectionists were actually a peaceful protest at the washington monumet, they just violently assaulted the capitol to get more attention. /s

40 Likes

Well, saying stupid stuff they knew was wrong to get publicity certainly worked for Bojo and Trump.

14 Likes

folks in russia need to do better looking up venues before scheduling events.

28 Likes

Let’s all be glad that that was how they got the wrong BBC without realizing it.

5 Likes

The confused bunch also doesn’t understand that the BBC isn’t the government and isn’t in charge of mandating vaccine passports.

While the BBC doesn’t mandate anything, aren’t they an offshoot of the government, partially funded by taxes? Similar to PBS?

3 Likes

Next up, “Today, anti-vaxxers stormed “& Other Stories”, at 132 Long Acre, Covent Garden; the location where John Logie Baird carried out the BBC’s first television broadcast on 30 September 1929. When questioned about their target, a spokesperson for the protestors said, “We’re not wrong! You’re wrong!””

20 Likes

They are mainly funded by the licence fee (which you have to pay to operate a receiver); the government also pays them for the citizens who are exempted from paying the licence fee due to age or other reasons.

6 Likes

That was my immediate thought.

It may be a conspiracy of its own, but I wonder the extent to which the very public anti-vaxx movement is orchestrated by the Kremlin (or at least fed the disinformation necessary).

8 Likes

Or Corbyn’s brother.

5 Likes

The BBC hasn’t been in the building since 2013.

What’s there now? Considering the nature of these clowns, my first guess would be a landscaping company.

14 Likes

Also:

8 Likes

Even if there was an anti-stupidity vaccine, the target group would take up arms against it.

8 Likes

Noun verb Guilliani?

9 Likes

Hey, do I see Vicky Pollard in that crowd?

5 Likes

Unsurprisingly, as these are low-information voters.

3 Likes

Something tells me these people do a really poor job at doing their own research

9 Likes

If these were anarchists or anti-war protestors, they’d have had the shit kicked out of them by the TSG in full kit before they’d got within half a mile of the place, not a bunch of woodentops in hi-viz vests pushing and slapping them right outside the doors (admittedly, the wrong doors, but hey). Mediocre right-wing white men strike again…

15 Likes

tumblr_dc5139746629f67ecad0ec6fd7421f35_9b512a34_540

32 Likes