Video of violent turbulence on a flight

The De Havilland Comet, but that’s a long time ago. Turbulence can contribute to metal fatigue, and metal fatigue is a killer.

The thing I just read seemed to say that expansion and contraction due to pressure changes creates more stress on the plane than turbulence, though. And we can count on the simulations to catch that for us. Right?

1 Like

I hope that was not hot coffee, but none of them seem scolded.

That’s a Brown Alert moment right there…

2 Likes

Boeing Boeing

3 Likes

reminds me of a flight I took many years ago from tenerife to las palmas in the canary islands… on the anniversary of the tenerife airport disaster of 1977 (587 killed). We got on the tiny propeller plane for the 20 minute flight and the crew distributed the free copy of the local newspaper… which run a 20 page special on the accident, with plenty of colour photos of planes burning, rescue teams, ambulances, bodybags, etc

Not the best experience to fly surrounded by 50 people all reading the news of the disaster as if it was nothing. I personally don’t mind flying but I don’t need to be reminded of the risks before I board

Hope the flight went fine

3 Likes

I was listening to this song in another tab while looking at this video:

It felt like it fit together really well, in a twisted kind of way. (Should start at 8:36, they start with a introduction that ties it together even better)

Was delayed 4 times before boarding & then once more out on the tarmac. So yeah, all was fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

In 1974 I was on a ship going to Europe. We only had two movies onboard and one was the Poseidon Adventure.

2 Likes

Yep, a missed connection due to weather a few weeks back added 24 hours and an airport hotel stay to my trip.

Obligatory:
giphy

2 Likes

com-optimize%20(1)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.