Buckle up- airplane turbulence is getting worse

Originally published at: Buckle up- airplane turbulence is getting worse | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.

4 Likes

It’s as if the climate knows what’s killing it and is deploying sabotage in self-defense.

7 Likes

A recent trip over the Atlantic was a very uncomfortable roller coaster experience.

Granted there were two simultaneous hurricanes churning at the time because, well, climate change.

4 Likes

Given that air travel is one of the causes of the climate crisis. I’d call this poetic justice
airplane landing GIF

5 Likes

That was one of the details of Damnation Alley, mankind lost the power of flight as turbulence was too severe.

7 Likes

A BF who was this close to getting his pilot’s license told me to tighten my thigh & stomach muscles during take-off, landing, turns, and turbulence. He explained that fighter pilots’ pressure suits activate in those areas to stop blood pooling in those areas & to keep them from passing out when making high-G moves.

Doing a similar thing ourselves helps keep passengers on commercial flights from being much affected by the G forces to which they’re subjected. It really makes a huge difference.

4 Likes

This is not going to help with my drinking problem.

5 Likes

“Thank you, Dr. Strangelove for going do-lally and
leaving me the heritage of Damnation Alley, Damnation Alleyway”

I guess that there is still time for Climate Change to trigger a hot war between desperate atomic powers.

2 Likes

I normally tighten my buttock muscles at those moments.

2 Likes
1 Like

Such situations are indeed liable to cause spontaneous sphincter-clenching!

1 Like

The flight dropped from about 18,000 feet to 13,000 feet in less than two minutes,

“The plane was “taken out of service for inspection,” the company said.”

Yeah, there were seats to cleaned.

1 Like

Probably another good reason not to have commercial airliners built as flying wings.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.