Video: Onlookers flee from most insane driveway fireworks accident you'll ever see

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/07/06/video-onlookers-flee-from-most-insane-driveway-fireworks-accident-youll-ever-see.html

5 Likes

Wow- that huge pile of fireworks behind the minivan is also sitting a few inches from the fuel tank of said minivan. It’s awfully lucky if that whole van didn’t go up.

18 Likes

Are we sure it didn’t? The footage doesn’t seem to go long enough.

15 Likes

Yah, I wondered about that too. It cut off right where it might have done so. Maybe edited so they don’t have to explain this to their insurance company. :rofl:

11 Likes

Yeah. Even if it didn’t explode, there’s got to be some damage, scorch marks and dents from things hitting it.

8 Likes

and yet it will always be remembered within the family as: “The time Jeremy (the kid seen approaching the back of the minivan) …almost blew up the neighborhood” rather than “The time dad unloaded $350 worth of fireworks and left them under the gas-tank”

12 Likes

And here’s what happens when 7000 professional fireworks goes off all at once:

12 Likes

Do we know if everyone is okay? Hopefully no one got anything more serious than perhaps “Am I missing an eyebrow?”

9 Likes

…or perhaps the need to change underwear.

7 Likes

A 14yo kid in my neighborhood blew off 3 fingers last night, probably with an M80. My son in law’s niece was there at the time. She said the EMTs were only able to find one finger for possible reattachment. So sad that one second of stupidity can change what may be a long life to come.

18 Likes

So mentioned on another post, a carport in my apt complex burned down on the 4th, taking down 6 or 7 cars with it and singing the surrounding apartments. I dunno how it happened, but probably fireworks getting out of hand.

6 Likes

A 14yo kid in my neighborhood blew off 3 fingers last night … So sad that one second of stupidity can change what may be a long life to come.

I hope the kid doesn’t live in one of those states that denies medical treatment for accidents caused by a momentary lapse in judgement, bad luck, or an attacker.

5 Likes

Shit has been out of hand this year. Way more fireworks than usual, way more dangerous activities with them. I hope no one in the video was hurt, but this the perfect example why this shit shouldn’t be sold to amateurs and should be left up to the professionals. That and my poor dog (and me) being up every night from July 1st through 4th due to the constant barrage of death around us freaking him out.

7 Likes

All of it captured on their SimpliSafe home security camera. The call is coming from inside the house, it seems.

6 Likes

Yankistanis can’t properly handle fireworks, but we’re allowed to have guns and nuke plants. Utterly fucking senseless.

3 Likes
  • Well, that’s just what we need during a nationwide drought. Good job, y’all. Thanks.
  • As asked by other folks: so, what is the kid’s gender?
3 Likes

That clip cuts off the best part at the beginning which sets the stage for the fireworks blowing up the car: holy crapola - Album on Imgur

Before the explosions start listen to the woman talking about how on New Years bad fireworks blew up someone’s car.

6 Likes

They’d be lucky if it’s not “neutral” now.

1 Like

It all jives with the 2022 overall sense of “don’t tell me what I should do”, and “YOLO” that appears to be our new normal.

3 Likes

So fireworks will be illegal by this time next year, right?