VR loses its V; a new visor will kill you

Originally published at: VR loses its V; a new visor will kill you | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Wasnt this the plot of a Bruce Willis movie?

Surrogates2009MP

11 Likes

“some defense contractor”, just like twitter was bought by “some horse trader”

15 Likes

He seems nice.

17 Likes
7 Likes

Somebody should check his basement.

17 Likes

38 Likes

Billionaire techbros disrupting the tech sector so a bunch of sociopathic frat boys can put this on a homeless guy and film him getting killed by VR Quake on Nightmare mode.

14 Likes

No thanks, I’m already rapidly killing myself in real reality.

9 Likes

Is this a spoof or has this guy just announced he wishes to be seen as competing with Lone Skum to be the world’s hugest arsehole?

7 Likes

Link start!

1 Like

Fuck that guy! The stolen Middle-Earth name is always a give-away.

11 Likes

I was an early adopter of the Oculus DK1 in 2013, and at the time admired Luckey and what he had created. But boy, what a piece of shit he’s turned out to be.

11 Likes

Shallow graves in the back yard is my guess.

5 Likes

Luckey doesn’t need to go around murdering and burying people one by one. Since leaving Facebook he has devoted his life to killing on an industrial scale. Well, that and not loudly objecting to his sister marrying Matt Gaetz. He’s a classy guy

17 Likes

I’m assuming he also wants to be some kind of conceptual artist. At least, I hope so :grimacing:

3 Likes

When I was a kid the closest thing we had to life-or-death stakes in a video game was an “Operation” playset cranked up to 2500 volts.

8 Likes

The level of tolerance for sociopathic and even full blown psychopathic behavior in our society needs some serious readjustment.

11 Likes

“In my day it was called ‘the outdoors’. Drifters, rattle snakes, rabid dogs, cars, hills and terrain you should not be riding bikes on. It’s a miracle most of us made it out alive!”

3 Likes

laurie-anderson-warner-bros-21-ab

8 Likes