Vulnerabilities

Where?

What da?

5 Likes

So weird! Now it’s gone. No other apps were open. :hushed:

4 Likes

Dammit I want a creepy ambient soundtrack to my browsing.

3 Likes

I wonder if setting a phone back to factory setting really does erase all of my data on it? And if there’s anything else to do before trading it in to ensure that my data’s all gone?

5 Likes

You could do my trick and drop your phone on the road outside of a cement factory.

It did reduce the trade-in value. :thinking: I was still able to recover its photos and factory reset it…

4 Likes

Bad luck! Especially since the gravity is so much stronger near cement factories. :sob:

5 Likes

There’s a bunch of apps to erase phone hard drives.

Top Data Destruction Apps for Android in 2024.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Reveals Rich Visitors

On video, finally, I hope?

3 Likes

Damn, nice trick.

The email your manager received and forwarded to you was something completely innocent, such as a potential customer asking a few questions. All that email was supposed to achieve was being forwarded to you. However, the moment the email appeared in your inbox, it changed.

3 Likes

I’ve been following this saga with some real fascination because it’s so scary. You have an intersection of social engineering tactics (with sock puppets, bullying, and straight up con artistry), a very skilled developer (or developers), deep knowledge around the building blocks of the Internet, and a high level of patience to execute on such a long con.

It’s amazingly lucky that this was found by pure happenstance, seemingly on the cusp of it being merged into major Linux distributions for wide release. This would have been catastrophically bad if it continued to fly under the radar.

That’s a huge mistake and one I believe is being rectified. I read that the author is going to re-version this as 5.8.x to make a clean break.

3 Likes

How’s it matter whether --version says 5.4 or 5.8 ?

5.4 is notable for being a lower version number than 5.6, and if you’re not intimiately familiar with version numbers you might not realize that the lower version number is better than the newer version number.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

[Brazilian Government Payment System Breached, with Suspicion of Fund Diversion - 23/04/2024 - Business - Folha (uol.com.br)]

2 Likes
3 Likes