Waaaah! I've got my daily limit on likes! [post your own]

Wait wait wait just a cotton’ pickin’ minute, we did do something about this!

• Early 2015: likes per day was increased to 100

• May 2015: Trust level 2, 3 and 4 got daily like increases of 1.5×, 2×, and 3×

So what you’re saying is that those were not enough…

I think this is a very good idea, would barely be naggy at all… @eviltrout can you add this to your list for next week? When you have 5 likes remaining for the day, pop this dialog on like.

@chgoliz I checked and you are a regular (trust level 3) so I think it’s fine to increase tl3 likes per day multiplier from 2× to 3× … I am much more comfortable with changing likes per trust level since the people at that level definitely earned the ability, versus a blanket increase for all users which is way more risky.

I went ahead and made that change, and it should take effect for all tl3 “regular” users in the next 24 hours cc: @beschizza @Falcor

Also – there is a longer term discussion we should have here about potentially promoting some avid, trusted community members to trust level 4. Discourse is predicated on the idea that the community should be trusted to help govern itself, at least partially. This is a big jump in abilities (edit all posts, recategorize, split, merge, pin, etc) so it’s something that @beschizza and @falcor and the rest of the BB staff would have to be on board with, and the community should be also be consulted so they are OK with the people chosen to be TL4, which is always a manual promotion.

I should create a new topic for this… but I wanted to mention it now since it is related.

8 Likes