Waaaah! I've got my daily limit on likes! [post your own]

Twice in about 15 minutes: the first required a 2-minute waiting time, the second, a 4-minute waiting time. Don’t tell me, let me guess: my next error message will say 6 minutes, right?

I’m outta here…

3 Likes

One like later…

Two more likes…

5 Likes

Got my first one today. Damn you, Victory thread!

(and also, thank you @codinghorror, I really should be getting back to work )

9 Likes

Also nice, happens quite often, on my mobile phone, scrolling and liking by accident, with my dumb, when I really disagree. (Fluor topic the latest one)

Oh no! I hate liking by accident. Can’t you correct that though? As far as I know, you can always “unlike” something you’ve “liked” before.

1 Like

Ah, that is a thing I did not know. Thanks.
And darn, dead simple to do if you know it exists.

Edit: (back from that topic) but you need to be fast, but that is normally not a problem. Nevertheless very nice to know for the ‘oh shoot, this is not what I meant to do’.

As long as you are in the same thread, I think it works. I’ve backed out of more than a few.

1 Like

Only for a set amount of time: a few minutes, something like that. Afterward, it’s set in stone.

2 Likes

well, to hell with that… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if we should kick off a preliminary message before the limit is hit,

You liked 95 posts today only 5 left. Or something like that, at least it would allow you to save up those 5 likes for some very special moment.

Also “all out of love” badge for running out of likes, I feel almost compelled to supply that badge

11 Likes

A counter up by your avatar up on the top right?

4 Likes

The counter should be a countdown, too.

2 Likes

We’re so lost without it.

5 Likes

YYYAAAASSSS!!! Please!

4 Likes

If you showed a counter next to the like icon that faded out after second or two it’d make like-management much easier. Or just show the counter when you’re down to around 5-10.

This would be a great badge. Also perhaps a “too easy with their love” after you run out of likes for the 10th time.

5 Likes

I’m definitely a candidate for the “loose with my love” badge.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s nice to know I’m a fallen woman when it comes to at least one vice!

6 Likes

I still swear the system is trolling me.

7 Likes

You know what? I’m actually angry about this. We’ve seen that women are much more likely to use the like system, and thus run out of likes quicker. I haven’t been able to like a post since yesterday. Still can’t, and I leave for a meeting in about 20 minutes, after which it’s going to be much later in the day before I can get back here, by which time there will be literally hundreds if not thousands of posts to catch up on. Which of course means I’ll run out of likes again.

I can’t actually use this forum properly if I can’t respond in the way that works for me. This really is a diversity issue, and the BBS is screwing it up.

It occurred to me as I was scrolling through posts and realizing how hobbled I feel that I need to leave the forum. This is such a stupid little thing we’ve asked for since this version of the BBS was created, and it’s still not taken seriously. If you don’t want diversity in your readers/posters, this is how you achieve that “goal”.

8 Likes

Wasn’t @codinghorror posting yesterday about how men and women use social media differently?

Put a gender box in profiles, give those who identify as women more votes?

Or let me give likes away. I try to like lots, and I still don’t run out. I’d happily share some.

11 Likes