Waaaah! I've got my daily limit on likes! [post your own]

I’d like that if I could. I’m on the IERS mailing list. :slight_smile:

Also reminder

https://bbs.boingboing.net/users?order=likes_given&period=weekly

You can calc average likes for day here, just divide by 7 etc

1 Like

Not fine grained enough when I’m getting notices with minutes in them, but thanks.

1 Like

I’m assuming it sets the date at 00:00 UTC. Given my time zone, it should have rolled over at 5pm yesterday, yet I’ve been having these issues from late evening until 2:00 am and have given no more than a dozen likes in that period, even though going by the last “day” according to the stats, I’ve given 200.

2 Likes

I thought it was on a rolling day - so you keep getting having to wait until 24 hours after you made the like 100 (or 150, or 200) back, and it falls off the list.

4 Likes

That seems more likely with the behavior I’ve seen.

ETA: I must be timing things just right.

2 Likes

Once again, we say: there needs to be a 3.5 level which has no new privileges other than 10x the default number of likes. Or 20x, whatever. Think big!

6 Likes

Now that I look at that list, I notice something: seems to me like all the major/regular WOMEN posters are high on that list. We’re a tiny percentage of the general posting population, but we dominate this one particular component of the forum.

You’re a fan of saying that there are differences in how men and women think about things. Well, here you go. Women appear to use the like function at a higher level than the average man.

Why you be so prejudiced against us, BBS?

11 Likes

Why can’t you just be logical, like a programmer?!!!

12 Likes

And I thought once more it was the language gap :wink:

6 Likes

Why you gotta be so cold and unfeeling and not like things? /s (obvy)

9 Likes

Bloody hell. Sorry @CarlMud.

7 Likes

I got a lot of likes recently on the Poetry Slam thread. My fragile white man-child ego is buoyed enough for now. Thanks. :slightly_smiling:

7 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Maybe I need to adjust my sleep habits.

2 Likes

the system is just trolling me now.

4 Likes

Noo, and the day just started. (Na, not really over here, but the ‘reading day’)

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping odd hours lately, ok?

AGHHHHHHHHHH!

3 Likes