Walmart selling cheap 30-terabyte SSD—and it is of course a scam

It’s important to remember these days that both Amazon and the online version of Walmart are basically E-Bay clones at this point – you quite often aren’t buying from Walmart or Amazon, but only through – so just like buying through E-Bay you need to do your homework on the seller, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Can’t speak for eBay but with Amazon if you buy items that say sold by and shipped by Amazon you’re pretty well covered for refunds. Even sold by third party but ships from Amazon will keep you covered.

You can filter Walmart results to only show items sold by Walmart eliminating third party sellers. I’ve never had to do a refund through Walmart so I don’t know if they’re like Amazon in that regard.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a tech fail when i used to work in IT.

Working at the council offices, get a call for a faulty floppy disk. Sounds a trivial call.

What followed was hilarious, turns out the head of the department “didn’t trust” the network drives* so kept critical department data on a single floppy disk** that they handed out to thier employees when needed.

*yep, the RAID5 redundant storage servers that were backed up to tape nightly wasn’t safe enough, only a single floppy disk would do!
**no, they didn’t even copy this to another disk

I actually managed to rescue the data off this overused floppy disk by some miracle.

The dept head got an immense teardown rant by the IT director, who then removed the floppy drives from every machine in the department…

6 Likes

If I may say, I bought a 2T SSD from the BoingBoing store that doesn’t even work that well.

See above thread…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.