Want the secrets that every great CFO already knows? This e-book explains it all.

Originally published at: Want the secrets that every great CFO already knows? This e-book explains it all. | Boing Boing

“A company’s CEO is its true leader, heading up every move a firm makes. As befitting their position at the head of the table, CEOs reap the benefits when new projects and ideas succeed — and take the ultimate responsibility when they don’t.”

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :slight_smile: :thinking: :open_mouth: :scream: Oh, you were being serious?!! Great Man Theory is one heck of a drug.

Edited to add visual megalomanic reference.

11 Likes

I assumed seppuku but actually it’s “retire with a wad of cash.”

Glad I didn’t waste any of my tiny pile of money on bullshit.

11 Likes

So no chapters on union busting? Or firing workers who won’t do long hours of unpaid overtime? None on funneling money to corporate hitmen who work to overthrow democratically elected leaders of resource-rich countries?

Interesting contrast there too between “morally correct decisions” and “the black-and-white world of dollars and cents.” Fuggedabout it, Jake. It’s capitalism.

10 Likes

American corporations took a further step toward authoritarianism when they started moving the financial people out of the accounting pool, where they were safely sequestered, and into the C-suite in the 1980’s where they’ve ruined millions of lives by “right-sizing” to add a few cents per share to the quarterly reports.

CFO’s can eat a bag.

4 Likes

:frowning:

3 Likes

A company’s CEO is its true leader, heading up every move a firm makes. As befitting their position at the head of the table, CEOs reap the benefits when new projects and ideas succeed — and take the ultimate responsibility when they don’t.

Is this the sort of shit that cause Cory Doctorow to part ways here? I mean one should know their audience they are advertising too and most people here I expect fell the meritocracy is a joke.

Remember kids, If the CFO refers to themselves as a “Rock Star” run it’s gonna be hell.

6 Likes

It’s too bad I can’t even get to the web site.

This site can’t be reached
stackmedia.io refused to connect.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.