Warner Bros. Discovery will try interrupting your streaming movie on Max with CNN news alerts

Originally published at: Warner Bros. Discovery will try interrupting your streaming movie on Max with CNN news alerts | Boing Boing

6 Likes

This will last about 2 seconds…

Honestly, are all the streamers just purposefully making the stupidest choices possible, because they think that people will take it?

18 Likes

16 Likes

Maybe it’s just a Producers-style investment scam?

13 Likes

The majority of them, but not all…

12 Likes

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

Sounds plausible, tho.

Starz is kind of smart here…

4 Likes

Apple tv is still reasonably priced as well ($6.99/mo)

5 Likes

Jack Warner was, from everything I’ve ever heard, an absolute garbage barge of a human being. But he liked movies, and he liked making movies, and Jack Warner would kick David Zaslav’s ass for how he’s been fucking up his studio.

8 Likes

We shouldn’t be surprised if the historical softcore community is well organized.

5 Likes

That’ll change, I’m sure.

But honestly, I don’t want to have to subscribe to a dozen different streaming services… The landscape looks far worse and more expensive than it did in the old days of the dominance of cable.

14 Likes

It really is so much worse than it was before streaming. It’s like every service has one really compelling show that makes you want to subscribe, and before you know it, you’re paying for 6 different streaming services, each of which you only watch for one show. Only Murders In The Building is really good, but it’s not worth the price of a Hulu subscription.

8 Likes

Remind us again why Zaslav makes a multi-million dollar salary.

6 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Some streamers will at least put stuff out on physical media (Amazon, Netflix, Paramount, Hulu) but thus far, both Disney and Apple TV have not done so with much of their content… Disney seems to do so for films, but not series.

8 Likes

it’s a start at least

7 Likes

That’s good news, at least… I had not heard about that!

4 Likes

First they decided to make you watch ads unless you paid them more money, now they decide to make you watch the news unless you pay them more money. Next comes sending bad tap dancers to your door unless you pay them off.

10 Likes

5 Likes

I dunno… might not be so bad!

Gene Kelly Donald Oconnor GIF by filmeditor

Tap Dance GIF

Of course, you said BAD tap dancers…

Olivia Munn Dancing GIF

6 Likes

:notes: MBA killed the cinema star! :musical_note:

9 Likes

Wow, CNN is already is hated by a large segment of the US market. Randomly interrupting a stream with their content is not going to help with that. I consume enough “news” in a day–when I actually sit down to watch a program it is usally to get away from that shit. Even if it is a pop-up prompt that allows you to switch over to a news stream, it downgrades and distracts from experience. It’s the kind of thing that would make me drop a service and switch to just buying an individual season of a series if I really want to stick with it.

10 Likes