Warner claims ownership over the numbers 36 and 50, and demonetizes Youtube videos that incorporate them

wu-tang forever

2 Likes

Imagine you are an artist, and that you are informed that your content is in violation of a copyright, and the violation is “32767”. You are genuinely perplexed because there is nothing about 32767 in your content–perhaps 64, for all you know, but certainly not 32767. Anyway, after a time out, you navigate to locate the appeal-protest mechanism, which you do. You then request a review by the Appeal Board Level 1, and you are informed that you must complete a 10-form application, which includes the uploading of a typed content narrative, Work Breakdown Structure and an Independent Registered Third Party Audit of your content, along with the signing of a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Okay, after completing the application, procuring and uploading all that, and signing the NDA, you are informed that 32767 is actually a code for “Tulip Pose”, and that the copyright owner is “Web Content MMXX, LLC”. Well, mercy, if you really want to find your way through this maze, then it’s on to Level 2, and so forth.

4 Likes

Sorry Mario, but the violation is in another castle.

3 Likes

Just because somebody invented something doesn’t mean they own it.

BAM!

QED.

2 Likes

Yeah. Guessing is a totally sound basis for a quasi-legal process which deprives creators of income.

Sounds like a deleted scene from Brazil.

3 Likes

Well, if my guess is correct, it’s an absurd set of events set in motion by lazy and/or incompetent “copyright protection” company employees, that abuses the Content ID system to unfairly deprive video creators of income, and if my guess is not correct… that’s all pretty much still the case.

2 Likes

I thought that Satan had a prior claim to 666, with that “Mark of the Beast” thing and all that. Oh, and don’t try to claim 88 either, I think the neo-Nazis have that one locked in.

Depends… With enough whisky and if the other party is attractive enough, 69 may indeed be still available.

To be fair, Warner do have the copyright on 54-46:

2 Likes

This is comment number 50. Do I need to pay to Warner now?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.