Warning against letting wild animals in your house backfires due to cuteness of wild animal

Originally published at: Warning against letting wild animals in your house backfires due to cuteness of wild animal | Boing Boing

5 Likes

If you need a gif to tell you not to play with the murdercat it’s already too late. Also…probably how I’ll go out.

16 Likes

how often do people bring mountain lions into their homes?

After seeing a dude keep a fully grown tiger in a Harlem apartment years ago, my answer to this question would be “more than you think”.

As the photo shows us, there’s a lot of furry cuteness in the animal world. As the news shows us, there’s a great lack of common sense and good judgement in much of humanity. Put them together and…

13 Likes

Well, no one tell them about Messi’s channel.

8 Likes

Leopards are cute too:

3 Likes

Steve_French

8 Likes

TL;DR:

6 Likes

Its always good to note an important difference between cats and dogs.

An English bulldog can reach a weight of 75-80 pounds and is known for a friendly disposition and can be trained
A 70 pound cat is a leopard and it will eat you.

14 Likes

A bulldog is domesticated for thousands of years, a fair comparison would be between a wolf and a cheetah. The fact that humans haven’t really tried domesticating large cats is more telling.

3 Likes

In all fairness we haven’t been really successful in domesticating small cats either. They tolerate our existence and lack the means and opportunity to eat us.

15 Likes

I note that you didn’t comment on motive…

Mad Grumpy Cat GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes

Lets just say, my biggest fear around my cats would be either they get embiggened to huge size or I get shrinkified to bite size.

6 Likes

Search youtube for “cat bird friends” or similar and you will find that not all cats are murder machines that kill everything small enough to eat.

4 Likes

Cat Eat GIF

10 Likes

If you have a proper relationship with the feline, the aggression and deadly teeth and claws can be managed.

3 Likes

It really says something that that sentence sounds more like something an oncologist would say and not an animal trainer.

4 Likes

Yes, those videos are cute because they are very notable exceptions to the rule, because cats are murder machines. Adorable fuzzy beasts with cute murder mittens.

6 Likes

When I visited the US there were warnings about pumas and bears everywhere, even though we never saw the actual animals at all. I assume then that everybody in the US grows up being informed about them and that if you get killed by one because you let it into your house you have only yourself to blame.

3 Likes

Yup, username checks out.

11 Likes

Wild animals are not pets, and should not be treated as such.

8 Likes