Warren-Sanders Democrats vs Oprah: "One billionaire president in a decade is going to be plenty for us"

Agreed in general. I would have made an exception for someone like Sanders in 2016, but he’s not a Boomer and he’s not a typical American establishment politician. I’m also willing to give a chance to a Boomer like Warren, who’s unusual in that she seems to understand that the good times she grew up with are over.

Whatever the age of the candidates, they have to demonstrate that they’ve truly internalised the understanding that the current system is economically and environmentally unsustainable. That’s very difficult for most Boomers and older people to do.

So no Oprahs and no more Clintons or Bushes or Romneys or their privileged family members. The Boomers will lose the last of their electoral clout compared to the Millenials in the next eight years, but 2007 was really the last time we could afford to have a duopoly establishment President who was born before 1960.

5 Likes

I think you’re assuming that everyone in a single generation has the exact same values. They of course, don’t. Paul Ryan is a Gen Xer…

7 Likes

Ewww. Can I claim dirty hippie generation? Maybe not though as there is plenty of right wing sleaze there too.
ETA @orenwolf this should have closed months ago

4 Likes