Washington Post compares Apple's M2 MacBook Air vs. M1 MacBook Air

Originally published at: Washington Post compares Apple's M2 MacBook Air vs. M1 MacBook Air | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d agree with that-- an macbook air with an M1 can be used to do real work, or play real games, and an intel macbook air has limitations.

4 Likes

Less than half the battery life, for one.

3 Likes

It sure should be an upgrade from the 2016 Pro with the designed-in flaw that makes it eat batteries that’s my current machine. Got it because the Air had stopped getting upgrades and my old one was getting creaky.

M1 vs M2, skip the upgrade.

M1/M2 vs Intel… I’d absolutely recommend the M if you do any processor intensive work or need the battery life. The M1 lasts forever on a charge.

5 Likes

Any Intel laptop to an M-anything laptop, totally worth the upgrade. Night and Day.

M1 MBA to M2 MBA, worth it if you do really processor-intensive stuff (video or audio production); otherwise the M1 already does what you need.

1 Like

Yeah, if you have a MacBook Air that old you’re running an Intel processor that’s about three generations behind the curve. The difference between the performance of that and an M2 will be staggering.

I must add, though, that I don’t think you should replace any computer that still does what you need it to do. My MBP is five years old, and my daughter got through the lockdowns using a 2010.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.