Watch a DIY gigantic roman candle explode

I guess he considered his actions, but didnt account for the equal and opposite reaction. Yikes.

2 Likes

An unintentional replication of the experiment:

6 Likes

That’s the exact same thing the Disney employee I mentioned tried to do. Only there wasn’t enough of him left to even attempt CPR on.

5 Likes

If Francis Scott Key witnessed this, he’d…um…have PTSD…

1 Like

Again!

1 Like

zPLjwgP

4 Likes

Dad knew someone who blew a finger or two off (in the 50s), the only fireworks we were allowed were: sparklers, and those black snake things. A little drastic but I get it. Is it weird that now my main concern is brush fire and not people losing life or limb?

Snakes can be dangerous too
GIF by South Park

2 Likes

My concerns are much the same but add concern for children getting hurt. Probably because when an adult is injured by a firework, they usually did it to themself. The kids and everyone impacted by a wild fire are innocents.

I dislike home fireworks intensely. Dangerous, polluting, and distressing for people with PTSD or dementia and pets. They are pretty but not worth it.
Sparklers are ok if, and only if, used on pavement in an area that sees rain regularly, supervised by sober and responsible adults, and left to soak in a bucket of water afterwards.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.