Watch a giant domino tower fall after 7 hours of building with 3,242 dominoes

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/23/watch-a-giant-domino-tower-fal.html

1 Like

I would be making the paint peel off of the walls with my profanities at that moment, I think. Good on them for their self-control.

7 Likes

What would happen if I did it with just one extremely tall domino?

10 Likes

didn’t look like they had space for 10 more layers, as they were pretty much at the ceiling there.

Also, is it too soon for tower collapse videos?

6 Likes

Cue the conspiracy theories to show how it could not possibly have collapsed naturally the way that it did.

20 Likes

It’s a veritable house of cards!!

6 Likes

Dominos DO NOT structurally fail at room temperature! #dominotowertruth

24 Likes

“Ten layers from being the second tallest” makes it sound like the third tallest. And even if it was only in the top ten, that’s still higher than I ever did with World of Goo!

4 Likes

too soon

20 Likes

It is possible that the large open end of the duct work above the tower pushed it over with a gust of air.

10 layers away from being the second tallest tower in the world when it randomly collapsed.

I’m no physicist, how do we know the collapse was random?

And I’m no dominatrix, but were those actually dominoes?

7 Likes

I don’t know. But it immediately brought that other tower collapse to my mind. The similarity was surprising.

1 Like

lateral thinking, yo

1 Like

And that was only its first three dimensions

2 Likes

Best Jenga game ever.

When one zooms in and enhances, you can clearly see that her bracelet set the whole thing off.

1 Like

Inb4 the DominoGate trolls start whining about girls.

1 Like

Ya know, that’s probably why Lego were invented.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.