Watch a martial artist throw a needle through a pane of glass

YouTube is fine for me & mine.

1 Like

Yeah. On the one hand, I expect learning to do this takes years of practice. On the other hand, it definitely doesn’t crack the list of “ten most impressive things I’ve seen Shaolin monks do,” or even “top five things I’ve seen them do in real life.”

The issue is the use of the preposition “through” in the headline. I know the American war on prepositions (and other abstract nouns) is gathering pace, but this is too far.

I’ll know what to expect when I see a post captioned “Watch a basketball bounce through the floor”.

(In other preposition abuse, every time I see “too big of a…” or similar, I want to kill someone. The ‘of’ is redundant.)

1 Like

Especially looking at the second throw, I think if it hit while perfectly level, the needle could fix in the spall hole. Even if it got stuck I think this would count as throwing the needle through the glass.

1 Like

I once dropped a coffee mug in the kitchen. I noticed that the (brand new) oven door window about 3m away was slowly disintegrating (safety glass). I found the mug handle near the oven. They replaced the window on warranty, even though I told them how it happened.

1 Like

Hey, you are a-OK in my book! boo-yah! :slight_smile:

For that sort of thing, I use my specially weighted needle.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.