Watch: A weather reporter is blown away when he realizes — on air — that his map is a touchscreen

Originally published at: Watch: A weather reporter is blown away when he realizes — on air — that his map is a touchscreen | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Wow. Perfect response. Have fun, dude!

48 Likes

Just today I realized you could scroll back on the touchscreen credit card/debit card readers at Traders Joe if you want to check the price of something that was scanned, but further up the list than the 5-6 items that show up.

14 Likes

That moment of epiphany can sometimes be amazing.

9 Likes

The other day I discovered the Space bar trick…

34 Likes

Whoa! That’s true on iOS, too! Damn!

18 Likes

Well! Today I learned!

18 Likes

I love the almost child-like wonderment at something pleasantly unexpected. The honest, open, glee is heartwarming to watch. Not something I associate with the news much. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Wow. What other cool tricks are there in iOS?

3 Likes

For Frogsake; I’ve always struggled with repositioning the cursor with my fat fingers! This is a great tip; thanks for sharing.

10 Likes

That was

So.

Fucking.
unbelievably happy batty thing
Cute.

12 Likes

Yeah my reaction when I found out about this a few years ago was much like this weatherman’s reaction. And yes, for those of you just learning about this today, this functionality has been there for years. It should be part of smartphone 101. After the glee wore off, I was pissed no one told me sooner.

10 Likes

Thank you so very much! (“very” added using this trick)

As for the weatherman, I’m guessing he just got there from a smaller market station where they don’t have toys like that yet.

8 Likes

He had been working from home because of Covid and hadnt used the new screen yet.

10 Likes

Except that actual children don’t realize screens can be non-touch.

8 Likes

If I had a [monetary unit] for every time I told a co-worker “this is not a touchscreen” I’d be rich.

6 Likes
8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.