Watch as Oscar Mayer's re-branded "Wienermobile" trainees learn to drive

Originally published at: Watch as Oscar Mayer's re-branded "Wienermobile" trainees learn to drive | Boing Boing

3 Likes

So no donuts, drifts, or bootleg turns? Boring!

2 Likes

One of the vehicles visited our local farmer’s market a couple of weeks ago:

(I was told that this particular one is based in AL. I saw [this? another?] one a couple of years ago, in front of a hotel near DCA where I happened to drive past.)

I’m not sure how well they drove, but the PR interns were well-trained with wonderfully awful puns. Would recommend.

4 Likes

wienermobile
This is the Wienermobile who lives at the henry ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

A fake friend took me to see the second Matrix film at the IMAX there. The line was quite long, so I told my ‘friend’ I was going to try to nip out for a quick smoke. There were no doors anywhere nearby that didn’t have big ALARM WILL SOUND signs on them, so I gave up and ran over to the Wienermobile for some brief worship instead tophat-biggrin
It made me grin so hard I thought my smile muscles would get stuck and break, like I was tripping or something. tophat-cool

After slowly circumnambulating it, I blew it a kiss (which cracked up the two older chaps also happily checking out The Sacred Vehicle) and dashed back to my ‘friend.’

“Well, did you take care of your nic fit?”

“No, but it doesn’t matter, because I saw The Wienermobile!

He looked at me like he thought I was a moron, and said, “So fucking what?!”

I felt my face fall and I just shut up like a trap.

3 Likes

It is truly a thing of wonder. James Gurney just posted a video doing a painting at that exact spot…

3 Likes

Thanks for this! :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I still think someone was a marketing genius for deciding to have these two vehicles go on tour together. I saw them parked together down the street from my place once and immediately got the giggles.

2 Likes

The nuts are right up against the wiener in that shot XD

2 Likes

Many years ago I was involved (somewhat) in the Army’s selection process for a new reconaissance vehicle. At the time MRAPs were all the rage and so all the proposed options were bloody huge, which is not a great trait for a recon vehicle. I distinctly recall adding to my evaluation sheet “propose that the final design at least be smaller than the damn wienermobile”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.