Watch baseball player's superhuman leap into the air to catch ball

And then this happened tonight.
Daniel Camarena, relief pitcher for the Padres. Just called up and his first MLB hit is a grand slam on a 1 and 2 pitch.

2 Likes

i’m trying to get my kids to understand what they are seeing, and that they will never see anything like this ever again, and i just don’t think they get it. he is a once in a lifetime player

I’m doing the same with my kids. Tatis has got a great shot at being the Best Padre Ever. Just needs to stay healthy.

Hard to think of someone getting anywhere near the rarified air of Tony Gwynn, but maybe!

Have a look at caught and bowled, the reaction and athleticism is remarkable (video quality is patchy)

1 Like

it’s early, a lot can happen, and I love Tony Gwynn, but through Gwynn’s age 22 season he had 1 HR, through Tatis’ he has 67 HR and counting. Like @jab said, buckle up and enjoy it… the Padres just don’t get players like this.

I feel like we’re seeing significantly more athleticism in these young MLB players than was present in the game even just a decade ago.

1 Like

The pure split second decision making skills you have to have to catch a ball as a bowler is amazing. In addition to the dexterity of course.

1 Like

I live in San Diego, and the Pads are absolutely the most exciting team in MLB, win or lose–this is from a lifetime Dodger fan. I hope the NL West race goes down to the last inning of the last game.

If a player hits 61+ homers this year, they should add an asterisk in the record books: “*Record for player not juiced on steroids!”

btw

2 Likes

“This content is not available in your region” But I’ll track it down. Thanks for making me aware. I don’t watch T20 and the media here isn’t interested in cricket so it hadn’t crossed my radar.

1 Like

I should have thought about that, sorry.

No worries

1 Like

India Times to the rescue for those that want to see stunning athleticism

3 Likes

Thanks, that really is stunning! :clap: :trophy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.