Fan makes amazing catch of flying bat, gets a kiss from the wife he saved from an unintentional clubbing

Originally published at: Fan makes amazing catch of flying bat, gets a kiss from the wife he saved from an unintentional clubbing | Boing Boing

1 Like

Well done! I’d have a hand full of broken fingers if I got neat to catching that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Holy buzz kill Batman

6 Likes

oh THAT kind of flying bat

22 Likes

Oh that kind of fan. :wink:

14 Likes

Sadly, the fan won’t get to keep the bat as a souvenir. MLB teams will retrieve bats or any other equipment other than foul balls that reach the stands.

You can usually bargain with them to get a signed ball in trade, similar to if you catch a player’s first or other milestone home run

2 Likes

Wow. Granted I don’t watch baseball, but I haven’t seen a thrown bat like that since my T-Ball days.

4 Likes

I bet that catch hurt a lot, but so worth it.

3 Likes

Oh, that kind of clubbing. Yawn.

2 Likes

Can we also talk about that heroic camera operator? Such an unexpected occurrence, yet they were all over it. Tracked it through the air, with a nearly perfect zoom and focus pull at the end to catch the catch, as it were. Respect, whomever you are. Respect.

16 Likes

Reading as text I did think :bat:. Electric fan does not appear to have an emoji. However that is what I thought. Clubbing made me think I might be incorrect. The bat’s wife kissing the man made me load the full post.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering about that. The guys in front of him were trying to take it from his hand. They seemed on closer inspection to be employees.

1 Like

What good did it even do for the batter to wear those gloves, then? That bat really traveled!

He should get to keep the frickin’ bat. It almost took his wife out.

1 Like

Well held, sir.

Post removed, but from the description, I think this is it:

2 Likes

The wife looked friggin’ terrified as the bat was on the way. Well deserved kiss for the hubby. :+1:

the team will generally provide the fan with another bat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.