Woman catches a foul ball while holding a baby

Originally published at: Woman catches a foul ball while holding a baby | Boing Boing

4 Likes

This is a good thing of the day. Shared with my fam since we’re going to a Padres game in a couple weeks. Everyone’s gonna be bored to death, so maybe this will lighten things up a bit.

4 Likes

It’s a line drive up the middle!

6 Likes

Sure, on the bounce! Let’s see her snag a screaming line drive into the stands!

Joking, I’m joking!

4 Likes

You say you’re joking but you’re right, catching a foul ball that’s lost all forward momentum and is just dropping isn’t especially impressive. Quick Google search found this dude catching a home run with baby in hand - and I know I’ve seen a lot more.

1 Like

Pay attention when you’re at the ballpark, folks. I know that’s a lot to ask for a slow meticulous game like baseball, but unless you’re right behind home plate and under the netting, be ready for fouls and homers. Guy at Fenway last night got hit on the head.

2 Likes

I don’t now, good for her I guess but I would have been protecting my baby if a ball was heading in our direction.

2 Likes

Off the bounce it loses speed but picks up spin. Harder to catch than just a straight line drive.

2 Likes

Possibly, but when the ball is coming from behind you? I doubt I’d have been able to see the bloody thing, let alone catch it!

2 Likes

“STOP RIGHT THERE!!!”

I gotta know right now!

4 Likes

Her previous attempt was catching a foul baby while holding a ball. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

And be very aware of ground balls.

1 Like

They can still pack a punch. When I was a kid a girl from my church was at a Royals game and a fly ball came down on her knee. She had to be taken to the infirmary and had a nasty swollen bruise for quite some time.

Of course, in my youthful cruelty all I could think was “Serves you right for not paying attention to the game.”

2 Likes

Is there any other way!

1 Like

Our ol’ ball yard looks good. Got to get out for a game soon.

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

1 Like

Once the ball is safely in your hand, it won’t bounce into baba’s head. Catching random nearby projectiles is protecting the baby.

Source: I’m a dad who has caught numerous flying object including the kids themselves.

Yeah, but with parent-of-baby super-reflexes it’s easy. She’s basically on performance-enhancing drugs. The cheater. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.