Watch: Clinton's amusing parody of GOP climate change deniers

I propose a fitting new nickname for Trumpy - Rotwang.

Nice idea. Might be useful if this was an issue on which we could afford to wait 30 years for action.

Teaching your children about fire safety is admirable, but it’s a bit misguided to do it while the house is on fire.

It would also help if the US electorate lost the illusion that they have ever been the “world police”.

The US military can be relied upon to intervene when US economic interests are at stake, or when domestic US politics make military adventurism appealling. The actual “police actions” are more usually undertaken by small local powers. See Australia in Timor and the Solomons, assorted African domestic efforts, etc. etc.

It’s already too late to stop climate change; it’s changing right now, and the chemical processes which perpetuate it wouldn’t stop for several decades even if emissions from humans were stopped tomorrow.

And while I don’t think it’s wise to wait till the next generation to do something about it, the least we can do is give them the tools to survive this brave new world we’re handing to them.

Can I ask what you’re referring to specifically here? I can’t think of a single example of this.

More please! Raising Issues is the way to go. We’ve had 30 years of attack ads and splitting.

1 Like

Raising issues and doing something about it is the way to go. Hillary Clinton isn’t going to follow through.

[Please don’t fall for it.][1]

The overwhelming majority of Democratic voters already know climate change is real and that the GOP is anti-science. That issue has been raised already and that issue (no thanks to Hillary Clinton) has already been won by the efforts of bottom-up grassroots efforts nationwide and [worldwide][2].

http://350.org, for example.

Now, it’s beyond time to do something about it and Hillary is only using this as a way to manipulate progressives into voting for her. She will drop the ball afterwards and blame Republican obstructionism on her inaction instead of working with grassroots organizations to counter that obstructionism in the first place.

If you want something done about climate change, please support Bernie Sanders and join (or support) any of the many grassroots organizations that will symbiotically work with him from the bottom-up to make it happen.

The old, tired, top-down, status quo politics is already likely to drastically start flooding our coastlines within many of our lifetimes.

We need solidarity alright, we need it for Bernie Sanders TODAY.

http://map.berniesanders.com/

UPDATE:

Good morning. As of 10:40 AM Colorado time we are now up to 100,637 people and rapidly climbing.

Yes, that’s over one hundred thousand people.

History is being made today… If some of you reading this still don’t understand the significance of July 29th, 2015… Don’t worry, you’ll read about it later in history books.

If you don’t want history to pass you by, there’s still time for you to join us today (see map link above) before the events start at a location near you.
[1]: Watch: Clinton's amusing parody of GOP climate change deniers - #18 by Cowicide
[2]: http://350.org

Mod note: Stay on topic.

1 Like

If only someone had thought of that during the 2000 election!

Just kidding … Well, partly. It’s possible to work on climate change regardless of who is in the White House. It’s also possible that working on issues like climate change will help build a governing coalition that compels elected officials to act more effectively on climate change — regardless of who wins.

And it may feel sometimes like we’re the only ones who know the importance of doing the work. We are not alone though.

This is very little like 2000. Here’s why. (and also a proper place to discuss it)
(If your browser doesn’t take you to the post, search “Well, after intelligently observing” on the page or scroll down a little to see it).

1 Like

Has anyone seen him wandering about wearing clothes that haven’t been changed in weeks while drinking straight from a bottle of Buckfast?

I would love to see those pictures.

1 Like

Not necessarily. At least she has a solid, ink-on-paper plan for renewable energy, unlike any of the GOP candidates. I appreciate solid plans and hope for the best.

1 Like

[quote=“nungesser, post:58, topic:62658”]
At least she has a solid, ink-on-paper plan for renewable energy
[/quote]Clinton’s plan very purposefully lacks any strategy to actually enact any of it beyond the absolutely inevitable wall of Republican obstructionism she’ll face.

This is how I know she’s setting it up for failure…

Do a search for the word “Republican” within that, er, “solid” plan. No mention.

Are we to pretend Republicans will suddenly have a change of heart and not block all or most of it? They love Hillary and her liberal ideas that much, huh?

Is Hillary Clinton stupid? No, she’s not by a long shot. She knows very well Republicans will obstruct those plans.

This will enable Clinton to spin her wheels and/or make ridiculous concessions to appease the right wing in order to get a modicum of those agendas moved forward (if any at all). In other words, what we’ll get from Clinton is appeasement for the fossil fuel industry while she disingenuously panders to her base, shrugs and says:

Why would she do this? Oh, for a large monetary number of reasons:

Please don’t fall for this ruse – for the sake of our nation and everyone else on this planet.

Unlike Hillary Clinton, Sanders has an actual plan for the symbiotic alliance of massive grassroots movements to alleviate Republican obstructionism after he’s elected. Some of which will be unleashed literally this evening likely somewhere near you:

If you haven’t heard about July 29th, you’ll hear about it later within history books after all is said and done.

UPDATE:

Good morning. As of 10:40 10:50 AM Colorado time we are now up to 100,637 100,886 people and rapidly climbing.

Yes, that’s over one hundred thousand people.

History is being made today… If some of you reading this still don’t understand the significance of July 29th, 2015… Don’t worry, you’ll read about it later in history books.

If you don’t want history to pass you by, there’s still time for you to join us today (see map link above) before the events start at a location near you.

I’m sorry. I was following your thread until the last picture. What was I doing?

1 Like

I think it was… Squirrel!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.