Watch: Goat and coyote play. Goat thinks coyote is its friend

It seems a coyotes biggest threat comes from humans, many of whom claim to “like them”.

“I enjoy hunting coyotes because they are so hard to outsmart,” says Simpson, who adds that he’s learned a lot about the animals thanks to Kate. “I consider them to be amazing animals. Just because I do coyote hunting doesn’t mean I don’t like coyotes.”

Apparently she’s on a zip line outside but yeah suppressing an animals natural behavior is never pretty.

In fact doing so is my current working definition for animal cruelty and I came to it after hearing this idiot trying to justify caging birds for life…

supressing%20natural%20behavior

They say 40000 years of co-evolution has gone into the relationship between humans and domesticated dogs - and they’re still 99.96% wolf.

I think you’re right about wolves and pariah dogs self-domesticating. They are amazing animals. Over time dogs have learned to read our gestures (90% postural communicators) and to look into our eyes for direction. A wolf would never look you in the eyes!

Curiously the domesticated dog’s peer to peer attachment relationship is almost identical to human attachment. They express equal or more levels of oxytocin and vasopressin as humans (the same hormones we feel when we get home to our dogs as when we get home to our kids and partners) although of course their needs are completely different.

God, I was thinking about how cute baby goats are until I realize they’d just head butt my shins. Then I just noped at that idea.

2 Likes

Some goats climb trees, therefore some must fall out of trees. Newton would not have been so quick with gravity. But goats are cute. Almost as cute as donkeys.

2 Likes

Males are foul smelling and remarkably destructive.

(Hey, I’m talking about goats, people, male goats.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.