Watch high winds cause an airplane to take off by itself

Originally published at: Watch high winds cause an airplane to take off by itself | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“landing” off camera –– that could not have ended well.

7 Likes

Cue endless debate about whether it would have happened if the plane had been sitting on a moving conveyor belt.

22 Likes

And no flaps

At first I was like “ug…this music

…then the ending made it perfect.

8 Likes

Wow, that was actually quite shocking. Poor little airplane probably got pretty banged up.

2 Likes

I expected the plane to be tied down and fly like a kite on a line, but only several inches high. Nope.

4 Likes

b0e15e076f3b82db18bb3c13ce7519d1

1 Like

I would have thought pilots would set the control surfaces before leaving their plane sitting in a field. Did this person just leave the keys in the ignition while running into 7-11?

I want to be freeeeeeeee!

Someone’s gonna be pissed they didn’t bother with the tie-downs.

9 Likes

Would’ve been okay if they’d parked it on a treadmill.

1 Like

i wish i could have my own harrier.

2 Likes

Gust locks and tie down chains.

Ball bearings and gauze pads

As long as those are the left hand twist ball bearings, everything will be fine. The right hand twisters are kinda explody.

1 Like

Years ago, I look off from Las Vegas in a small Cessna in a 40-knot wind. The wind was steady and right down the runway so it was an easy and very quick takeoff. Almost straight up!

On the other hand, getting the plane off the tie-downs was hell. The parking brake wasn’t holding and I had to be pressing hard on the foot petal brakes while an airport employee released the tie -downs.

1 Like

Owner: Where’s my plane? I parked it right there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.