Watch Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's creepy recorded apology to Australia

Wave Depp’s dogs through and we’d hear “See? This is why the country has one of the world’s worst records…” yadda yadda.

The story is a laugh, though.

1 Like

What’s the point of being rich if you don’t get special treatment?

7 Likes

You can’t board it, it gets upset, it’s hair falls out.

2 Likes

They took all the joy out of this. They should have created some trippy, over the top ode to Australia.

4 Likes

Us too, and it was we who introduced the non-native species.

I think my point has been slightly missed, or I made it badly. I would be more impressed with the motivation behind the policy if the Australian government:
Put a lot more effort into reducing non-native species
Made some serious efforts to control the environmental vandalism of their mining industry
Made some serious recompense to the native Australian population

rather than the PR/window dressing of getting a pair of naughty people to make a public apology, as if this proved that the Australian government was taking its responsibilities seriously. It’s a little bit like Soviet show trials, only without the Gulags. It’s the same hypocrisy as the British government making a huge show over a celebrity being done for tax evasion, when it turns out half the City of London is employed trying to devise schemes for tax avoidance that are only just legal (and then because they haven’t been properly tested in court.)

Dust specks, planks.

2 Likes

As does the IOC (the traditional five rings). Way back when, I actually heard someone in a Geography 100 question the prof about this. :laughing:

1 Like

AFAIK “public apology videos” aren’t something courts usually make the little people do.

2 Likes

Barnaby?

Barnaby Joyce is not in fact the Prime Minister, that would be Malcolm Turnbull.

1 Like

Somewhere a script writer is now furiously pounding out “Rabid Koalas Down Under: The Cutening, Now in 3D ™” Alternate title “Because Johnny Depp”.

4 Likes

Shit… I should have pitched this to Syfy.

2 Likes

Add some lasers into the mix and they will be throwing money at you.

“Koalanado: Because everything is a remix IV”.

5 Likes

Its not that dogs are banned, its that they have to be quarantined before allowing them in. Dogs are great vectors for disease and pest insects. Japan has the same rules

4 Likes

Or train Koalas to perform special operations military missions: Koalamandos!

6 Likes

Who you do think gave koalas all that chlamydia?

4 Likes

A masterpiece of deadpan passive aggression.

2 Likes

Gary Busey?

3 Likes

No. You’re thinking of bovine granular vulvovaginitis which, like Gary Busey, is far less amusing to say than “koala chlamydia”

4 Likes

The story’s putative headline in the video description:

The War On Terrier

4 Likes

Are they blinking morse code throughout the message?

U N D E R D U R E S S