WATCH LIVE: Trump rioters break through barrier and are attempting to break into the Capitol

8 Likes

This isn’t a protest, though; it’s an attempt at insurrection.

The domestic terrorists attempting it are White, so they the cops automatically “take it easy on them.”

She’s listing entire states; “Sabrina” is being pretty damn vague; seems more like energy leeching than being helpful.

26 Likes

The fucking cops opened the barriers.

24 Likes
23 Likes

The time zone messiness with the BBS putting tweets in UTC are confusing me to hell and back, making me think that the worst is still going on. Clicking over to the tweet itself, this was an hour ago and I was able to breathe a small sigh of relief.

2 Likes

I saw.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Oh I understand that. Perhaps “protest” was the wrong term to use in comparing this to reactions to actual protests. Maybe I should have used “actions”.

11 Likes

My bad - I lost the thread that had just State Capitals listed. It was a shorter list, fortunately.

7 Likes

Treason is defined as levying war against the government or giving aid and comfort to its enemies. There is no notion of “foreign government” required in its definition.

7 Likes

Maybe. I’ll stop dwelling on this soon, but just consider - after leaving the office, he had to take off his fleece-lined plaid shirt, take off the t-shirt and fleece other thing, then put the plaid shirt back on.
So many questions…

7 Likes

The only advice I can offer is that Pelosi had really best make sure her office is thoroughly cleaned, because this asshole was nude in there at some point.

10 Likes

A guy was complaining to the WUSA9 crew that people were saying they are all Antifa. That makes things interesting, really.

Tomorrow, when the Repugnicans are saying this was all Antifa hijinks, how are these insurrectionists going to react to being disavowed and having their moment of glory demeaned? They probably figured they’d get praised as patriots, but now their heroes are calling them commie instigators.

14 Likes
16 Likes

True, there’s no strict definition of “enemy” given, but it would be waaay easier to get a sedition charge to stick. The US is not known for applying the “enemy” label to domestic terrorists.

1 Like

The Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Germany has tweeted; and there’s no doubt to what he’s comparing the attempted putsch in Washington:

“The enemies of democracy will be happy to see these incredible pictures from #WashingtonDC. Inflammatory words turn into violent acts – on the steps of the Reichstag, and now in the #Capitol. The disdain for democratic institutions is devastating.“

And:

“Trump and his supporters should finally accept the decision of the American voters and stop trampling democracy”.

Holy crap - that’s coming from one of the US’s staunchest allies.

24 Likes
16 Likes

Impeachment should begin immediately. For failing to concede to an election results. Failure to perform duty during an emergency. If a violent rebellion in Congress’ place of work is not enough to motivate them to bring down severe consequences for an Executive Branch that has instigated violence and failed in their duties, then nothing will move Congress.

17 Likes

I’ve been sitting here wondering how many countries with Mini-Trumps in charge will end up emulating this day when they lose their elections, probably with much worse results.

6 Likes

While that’s a better term than “protesters,” a better one is insurrectionists. The operative words are “levying war against the government,” not “enemies.”

Here’s the question: was Jefferson Davis charged with sedition or treason?

17 Likes