Watch man address city council about why "boneless chicken wings" should be renamed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/02/watch-man-address-city-council.html

6 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQdVrmjBIp0

7 Likes
6 Likes

For those getting a chuckle and moving on before the end, a warning: the payoff at the very end is wonderful

8 Likes

Patton did it better.

9 Likes

Heh, cant watch it right now but I really hope that someone points out that the “chicken tender” is a specific cut from the breast and not from a wing.

Tho to be honest, I believe the bonless wing is an abomination. Bone in or no thanks for me…

3 Likes

Yeah, he mentioned this on the video.

2 Likes

Good points all.

Well, except for renaming them “saucy nuggs.”

7 Likes

People laugh, but he’s bringing to light a fowl injustice.

Also, kudos to him for delivery the whole thing without breaking.

Also also, there’s something much funnier about masked bystanders trying to contain their laughter.

10 Likes

Yes, and the ending is important in case anyone was thinking that this is not just a bit (which is pretty obvious from the demeanor of the dude, but the ending makes it extra clear)

4 Likes

We all have our hill to die on.

5 Likes

Backside bonelesses?

Totally requires bones, and have little to do with backsides.

2 Likes

Saucy Nuggs is going to be either the name of my custom painted van or strip club.

8 Likes

This always confused me too. Why not just call them what they are? They don’t have anything to do with physical wings.

I know and appreciate the strange humor here, in fact I loved the reactions of the woman a few rows back even through the mask.

But seriously, how did these things come to be named like this? It boggles the mind

6 Likes

17 Likes

1 Like

Better or worse?

5 Likes

I’m going to guess because often time the prep is the same as wings and with the same sauces and dips. It’s just a lazy way to say, “here’s basically the same dish the same way but with a different cut of meat”.

I’m not really a fan of wings - too much effort to eat for too little meat, but I’m cool with boneless wings tenders.

2 Likes

Awesome performance art. Great stuff!

Because wings are a premium priced item. Most people aren’t gonna pay almost a buck each for “nuggets”, but they pay “wing” price for “boneless wings”, which are just f-ing nuggets.

If I may shake my cane at this world-gone-to-hell, I remember when wings were trash parts that sold for the same price as necks. I remember early 90’s paying 29 cents a pound. People mess up everything…

5 Likes