Watch: Man installs train horn on his car, uses it on a driver who cuts in front of him

I’ve seen bikes that had those little thingies dentists use for mirrors.

1 Like

I’ve mounted an airhorn in the scooter I ride to work. It’s saved me a couple of times. Making yourself more visible simply does not work as there are a large number of drivers who either just don’t see you, or think they can bully their way into your lane.

2 Likes

a couple of decades ago i used to commute via a wonderful Virago 750… i was an angry young man and the horn sucked on that bike so i installed a bicycle “honker” horn. it was loud af and my anger just sort of melted away every time i squeezed the bulb.

not enough away to refrain my middle finger from popping up… but i didn’t hurl anyone’s dog into oncoming traffic so i’m truly thankful for the horn.

Having the Doof Warrior follow you as a horn would be pretentious.

1 Like

Yeah. “One headlight broken!” would be helpful.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe your “right” to silence is best reinterpreted as a privilege that must bend under the pressing needs of drivers. /s

:musical_note: “…and we can drive it hoooome, with an LED display.” :musical_note:

Driver really likes that horn.

1 Like

I guess I’ll watch out for Miatas next time I’m in Fort Collins, CO.

Pull the piezo beeper out of an old dot matrix printer. I don’t know why they were so loud, or why you’d want a CTL-G BEL sound on a printer, but they’d be fine for parking lots.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.