WATCH: single-celled zygote becomes a newt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/07/watch-single-celled-zygote-be.html

8 Likes

And then it saves humanity by detonating all the nuclear weapons orbiting Earth.

Seriously though, one of the things I absolutely love about the rapidly progressing state of camera technology is its ability to capture the transcendentally more awe-inspiring “technology” of Mother Nature with increasing precision.

My three favorite dreams of the Star Trek universe are the medical technology, macroscopic teleportation (transporters) and the Doctor’s holographic camera.

Two out of three ain’t bad.

9 Likes

“She turned me into a Zygote!”

“I got better.”

17 Likes

1 Like

Just stunning. My only complaint would be that i would have liked to have seen a version with no cuts and a fixed camera.

2 Likes

Thank you

Brownian motion and convection would have pushed it out of view way too soon.

5 Likes

That reminds me. I haven’t played Spore in a while…

2 Likes

“They mostly come at night. Mostly.”
-Newt

7 Likes

Wow.

Was that a tremor in the concrete foundations of my atheism, or just a passing train? :thinking:

1 Like

I am eft speechless.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just don’t let that feeling make you go on a hellbender and accidentally stab someone with your triton.

1 Like

Had to return the triton.

Rental, you know.

So you took it olm?

1 Like

Youre just looking at the culmination of about 1.7 Billion or so years of practice, getting it wrong multiple times along the way. It probably was a passing train.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.