Watch Tammy the giant anteater slurping up food with her 2-foot-long tongue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/09/22/watch-tammy-the-giant-anteater-slurping-up-food-with-her-2-foot-long-tongue.html

4 Likes

Isn’t that an amazing creature? No wonder scifi artists strain to come up with utterly alien space aliens when such anatomical diversity abounds right around us. Just look at the amazing skeleton (just look at it) (“but how does the tongue linkage work?”)

5 Likes

9 Likes

This is a wonderful thing. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

A while back I drew a gargantuan anteater sticking its tongue into a cave system to eat adventurers (cave in cut-away. Ah, yes, must’ve been right around last father’s day…

8 Likes

Cool. I’m a huge fan of Guy Davis, and your artwork tickles that spot.

2 Likes

I love that they hide food for Tammy to find. Just a reminder that the narrow head does not mean anteaters lack intelligence or that they don’t need mental stimulation.

5 Likes

All that eating looks like aardvark.

2 Likes

SchlorpSchlorpSchlorpSchlorpSchlorp

2 Likes

30,000 ants and termites per day

Tammy, you are welcome to my apartment for an ant feast any time you please.

7 Likes

Tangential whinge:

Can’t watch the vid. Can’t dl the vid.

This happens A Lot, here and on tumblr. It can’t be b/c the vids’ sources are blocked by my ad blockers, since vids uploaded to tumblr (as opposed to posting links to youtube vids) have all the gobblegook from the source site removed & magically become tumblr vids for all in tents and porpoises. I am able to watch all yt vids, but only some from insta & tiktok.

1 Like

If it’s any help, it looks like me when I eat my breakfast.

sorry pie GIF by Adult Swim

5 Likes

awwwwww-inspiring!

2 Likes

That’s a brilliantly devious critter. I kind of want you to write/draw Grimtooth’s Bestiary.

4 Likes

omg I love this!!

4 Likes

I do like the pattern on the dress too!

3 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

My girls love to design dresses so we’ve been doing historic fashion studies for inspiration. This one is a study of 1920s fashion, you can see the dress I copied 3rd from the left bottom row. Their drawings are somewhere but they burn through a lot more sketchbooks than I do. I loved this pattern, and it reminded me a lot of the golden age of illustrators I regularly study from

4 Likes

Don’t mess with these creatures. There are news about people being killed by ant eaters.

https://vet.ufmg.br/clipping/homem-morre-ao-ser-atacado-por-tamandua-em-diamantina/

2 Likes

Aunt eaters. :laughing:

4 Likes