Watch the first trailer for Amazon Prime's adaptation of conspiracy thriller UTOPIA

There’s a Station Eleven adaption coming? That’s a bit bleak right now, isn’t it? Not exactly a hopeful look into the future

This is a great opportunity for another streaming service to counter program with the original.

Of all the things that could possibly be remade, this is a thing that does not need a remake

Can’t they just continue the original?

2 Likes

I dunno how it is to purchase the rights to the original works themselves, maybe it is impossible, or something.

I just think of all the fan-made movie posters, trailers, etc., for older material that highlight how relevant it is now. They have incredible resources to promote new material, why not task that to promote the originals?

One it was on channel4 and not the bbc, you know it was on C4 and not the beeb as it was shot in my home town of Liverpool, rather than London, something the bbc would never do,

Two i was like why are they remaking this it looks crap, then i saw john Cusack was going to be in an new it would be crap.

Utopia was good, but it’s also the only instance of something on tv (or anything, actually) literally making me faint. It’s a torture scene, and the bad guy assassins in this show are legit the most creepy ones ever except maybe the guy from No Country For Old Men.

1 Like

UTOPIA is one of my favorite series. this trailer looks like crap. americanized remake garbage. i don’t see hardly anything from the original. yes: graphic novel, rabbit, virus (sort of), torture scene. the whole thing was that we don’t get to see the results of the virus. it’s all about stopping it and finding out who’s pulling the strings. there are so many amazing creepy subtle things in the show that i honestly think were omitted because american audiences wouldn’t appreciate it. where’s cristobal’s emotional, gut wrenching score? i will watch this remake and i will hate it. it looks like crap.

becky becky becky…my penis doesn’t work

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.