Watch the hyperkinetic frenzy of No Wave band The Stick Men on the TV show that helped inspire Pee-wee's Playhouse

Originally published at: Watch the hyperkinetic frenzy of No Wave band The Stick Men on the TV show that helped inspire Pee-wee's Playhouse | Boing Boing

4 Likes

OMG it’s like the B-52s crossed with Dillinger Escape Plan!

/has watched Uncle Floyd on UHF.

5 Likes

LOVED the Stickmen! “Funky Hayride” was a staple of my radio show BITD. WRUR FM, 88.5 on the dial, “your friends on the left”

2 Likes

Man, I fondly miss the Uncle Floyd show, such wacky bits…

I loved the fact that he got a cameo in Good Morning Vietnam as a phone operator…

2 Likes

The keyboard player later went on to become on of the first female pilots for a major carrier in Paraguay. That’s a true story I just made up.

1 Like

I’m glad that you cited your sources; otherwise I might have doubted the verisimilitude of your tale. I presume that the keyboard player was employed by Aerolínea Falsa?

Was a big fan of Uncle Floyd back in the day. Presented as a kids show, it worked much better for adults. He’s even had a viewer mail segment where viewers would send in fridge-level artwork, also by adults.

Mostly I was there for the piano-playing, which was excellent. My favorite songs were Cowboy Charlie and Deep In the Heart of Jersey, also in rotation on the Dr. Demento show.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.