Watch the rescue of a baby gecko from a life-threatening lint roller

Originally published at: Watch the rescue of a baby gecko from a life-threatening lint roller | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I once saved a baby salamander from a sump pump, but I never got a news article out of it.

A good deed is its own reward!

7 Likes

love our geckos and all the multiple types of anoles, tokay and tegu lizards. they sing at night, our “night birds” whistling, warbling, chittering and chirping. the geckos make a call not unlike a chicken with a “BOCK bwaaa” sound.
i like it even more than crickets and frogs at night.

4 Likes

If you’re ever faced with that dilemma, try a little light veg oil, like canola. An eyedropper works well to dribble it around the captive’s feet/belly/whatever. Use a small pick of some sort (wood skewer, toothpick) to pry gently around the edges of the stuck part, allowing the oil to seep in. The oil also prevents re-adhesion and new adhesion while you work. It’s tedious, but I rescued a baby garter snake from some duct tape that way last year. The tiny scales were too fragile and loosely attached for tugging.

3 Likes

Aw. Little sticky lizard buddy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.