Watch the short film adaptation of William Gibson's "The Gernsback Continuum"

The only places I can think of anyone saying this without joking are England and (maybe!) Germany. Perhaps it’s just the rest of us missing out on mathematical logic, but still.

1 Like

What a pity the film couldn’t be about 10 minutes longer. That way it could rely less on voiceovers and dialogue and spend some time building things up.

I did think the lead was perfect, as were the costumes on the futuroid people.

1 Like

I think they’re probably some kind of demented techno-conjurer escaped from Charlie Stross’ Laundry series. I mean, if you squint, there’s a pentagram there.
What happens if you stand in the middle when traffic is at its busiest and invoke the Sleeper in the Pyramid?

1 Like

All this would have taken is having the lanes separate and one cross over the other; problem solved, with zero additional collision risk (and it works in both directions) =) .

Mathematical elegance isn’t necessarily useful in the real-world.

If you’re lucky, Persephone Hazard turns up and shoots you. If you’re unlucky, that nice Mr Howard from the Laundry eats your soul. If you’re really unlucky, the Sleeper will come and introduce you to one of its mind-control parasites.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.