Opening band: Beaver Dam Road Widening

4 Likes

“I’ll never leave your beaver burdened.” – Mick Jagger

13 Likes

You win. Dam you. :wink:

5 Likes

Not in Brazil.

3 Likes

I’m a little shocked that everyone here seems to take the existence of beavers for granted. I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time in Oregon for the last 15 years, with nary a sighting of a living “beaver”, despite the flat-tailed brutes’ prominence on the state flag, sports logos, etc.

While this video is very convincing, I fear that it may be yet another attempt by the Dark Powers of the Oregon Tourism Industry to bolster their sketchy claims regarding the existence of these unlikely creatures.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that there are a lot of wild beavers near the German city of Bielefeld.

Coincidence?

3 Likes

It looks like this may be even bigger than I thought. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

dutch mechanical version

1 Like

Try the trail around the Gordon Faber Recreation Complex in Hillsboro. Even if you don’t see one, you’ll see their handiwork everywhere along the ponds next to the trail.

4 Likes

I see them all the time in eastern Connecticut. I would have thought they’d be even more common out west.

2 Likes

“I’ll never leave your beaver burning” the lesser known B side.

3 Likes

Well sure, I’ve seen chewed trees, but that could have just been some stoner, for all I know.

4 Likes

Looks like the animal wasn’t really struggling all that much, and interacting with a wild animal even when well intentioned can still end badly for the person. In this particular case nothing bad happened so i’m glad, i don’t want to throw negativity toward the person but really its best to leave wild animals alone. The road didn’t seem to be busy at the time and it likely would’ve made the crossing with its branch just fine.

2 Likes

You read my nasty mind.

For just a second… I thought “Salvador Dali”.

1 Like

There are certainly some beavers around, but you don’t see them much in populated areas, because they cause flooding, which people don’t like. Also, the touristy outdoors spots tend towards being extremely mountainous and scenic, and you’re much more likely to find beavers in swamps, which are, for some reason, less popular than mountains with the tourists.

Nutria, on the other hand, are everywhere. Maybe we should change our state animal to keep up with the times.

3 Likes

I’ve seen em on the Chattahoochee where it flows through north Atlanta, inside the Perimeter. Big ones making a hell of a splash when you disturb them.

Junger Mann hilft Biber beim Holz-Tragen

TIL: Justin Beaver

1 Like

The Persistence Of Man and all that.