Watch this truck fall through an icy lake and completely vanish

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/01/watch-this-truck-fall-through.html

5 Likes

Typically, if the ice conditions are at all iffy, you drive with half your ass hanging out the open door so that you can jump off when this happens, rather than risk being taken to the bottom of the lake, trapped inside your vehicle.

4 Likes

underwater

12 Likes

I guess we’ll never know why he had the plow blade down.

4 Likes

Clear the snow to make a skating rink?

2 Likes

Big Shag Lake

How the heck did it get that name?

3 Likes

Ask your mom. :wink:

14 Likes

12 Likes

The article says the truck was removed. I want video of that process

4 Likes

Maybe they should dredge the lake for a hockey team or two?

1 Like

… DON’T DRIVE ON THE ICE!

4 Likes

Not true… I’ve done it many times and still here to tell about it. Over the years, I’ve only lost 6 trucks, 14 snow mobiles and a lawnmower. j/k

5 Likes

A lawnmower? That’s really sick.

1 Like

I’m glad they are charging this guy for the cleanup costs, which are probably huge. The value of the truck is nothing compared to the cost of removing the truck and its fluids.

1 Like

depends on where it is; if its even relatively close to the shore, a diver attaches a cable to the lost vehicle, and its dragged out from the shore.

here’s a neat jig for recovery on the ice

5 Likes

He was drinking Jack Pepsi?

1 Like

Yoopers are usually much wiser than that about pushing the ice early or late in the season. Maybe they’re new to those parts?

1 Like

I don’t feel you are doing that right.

2 Likes

You could say that driving across the lake really screwed him over :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.