Watch: Woman learns her Airbnb has a window connected to a restaurant

Originally published at: Watch: Woman learns her Airbnb has a window connected to a restaurant | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Handy for 3am snacking.

13 Likes

If it was an operational window [open & closes] it would be against Health Code, but it appears to be not the case here. Value Added Service once again hindered.

12 Likes

A one-way mirror is reflective on whichever side is bright. If the restaurant turns off its lights and the AirBnB is brightly lit, you’ll want to draw the curtains.

17 Likes

It opens.

12 Likes

OK, well I don’t know where to start with that, but that would not be a go with any place I ever worked in the food industry.

BTW: What’s to keep you from scrounging for food & drinks once the restaurant is closed?

19 Likes

just seems to tempting to open the window and tell the diners’ " the matrix is real we don’t have much time if you want to find out more you have to follow me now"

47 Likes

As well, ask “how’s the calamari”?

12 Likes

So – an open invitation for hijinks and shenanigans.

16 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.tiktok.com/@desireerosebaker/video/7043567145640316166

7 Likes

200-5

17 Likes

This…this seems like a setup for Candid Camera.

8 Likes

WTAF?

I especially like how the AirBnB listing shows that window with an upper-floor view of the city, whereas the reality… I thought for a moment that perhaps this was outside dining, and so the window actually at least did have a street view, but nope, there’s definitely a ceiling there. I really wonder what the layout of that building looks like. There have to be all sorts of building-code violating shenanigans going on.

I’m also wondering how the diners feel when the AirBnB inhabitants start having loud sex a few feet from their table…

17 Likes

Or tips while it’s open?

5 Likes

swing out dance GIF

13 Likes

This is unspeakable!
Is everyone such an utter slob when staying at an AirBnB???

/s, kind of, but seriously, i do not want to leave my clothes strewn around the floor of a place I am just staying at.

12 Likes

A quick strobe of light on your side, and they’ll get a hint of an image.

23 Likes

I’d just be hoping they weren’t expecting dinner and a show…
:grimacing:

14 Likes

It seems like she decided to stay there in spite of the window. Does she ever mention speaking with whoever operates the Airbnb? Or making a complaint to Airbnb about misrepresentation on the listing? That would be my first reaction before making a video to get views.

2 Likes

I would so stick a flashlight under my chin and bang on the glass just as someone was taking a mouthful of soup.

24 Likes